If you were to have told me at this time last year that I would completely forget all of the goals I set for 2013 by mid-March, well, you would have been right.
Funny how that happens.
Anyway, as I bummed around my apartment this morning, mug of eggnog infused coffee in hand, I found myself reflecting on the events of the past year. I was surprised to realize that I have accomplished a whole bunch of things over the past year that I probably set out to do at the beginning of 2013, even if I had promptly forgotten about my goals after NYE 2012 had passed. Again, funny how that happens.
So, being the end of the year and all, here is a list of the best things I did in 2013:
- Bought a new bicycle and rode it everywhere
- Started blogging again...sort of (it’s a work in progress)
- Moved Jackson into my apartment (:-D)
- Saw Leonard Cohen live, attending a concert solo for the very first time (it was amazing)
- Began visiting the library much more frequently/reading everything in sight
- Quit drinking (This was hard, you guys. I’ll tell you about it one day, but not right now.)
- Quit smoking
- Fixed my sleeping habits, learning to get up early and go to bed at a reasonable time (I get so much done during the day now it’s almost scary)
- Got “apartment-proud” and made keeping my space clean a relaxing habit instead of a chore
All in all not a bad year. Admittedly there are a few things I’m not super proud of, and other things I wish I’d done (or done differently), but that’s life. I’d rather focus on what I have done and what I would like to do next than dwell on the stuff I didn't get around to. The funny thing about accomplishments is how they build momentum, one goal reached being the center of what can potentially become a giant snowball of good feels. Ya dig?
I hope your year has been filled with as many wonderful things as mine has, friends. All the best in 2014! xo