It's no secret that many bloggers love comments. Engaging with readers via the comments section is one of the most enjoyable parts of the blogging experience for me, and I know I'm not alone. If there is one thing I've learned in over a decade of putting fingers to keyboard for various blogs, it's that many of us bloggers share the common desire to be heard, for our words and work to be acknowledged, and to feel like we are part of a community.
Like many people, I use a feed reader to keep track of posts by my favorite bloggers. Since there are quite a few of them, this amounts to a ton of posts to sift through each day. As much as I would love to read and comment on all of them, most days I find myself under time constraints that force me to skim many of these posts and only comment on one or two. Today, however, I found myself with some excess spare time, and what better way to use it than by helping my fellow bloggers to feel acknowledged and heard?
I decided that today I would read - not skim! - and comment on ten blog posts. I would then share those posts on this blog in hopes that some of you might take a moment to read and comment on a few yourselves.
So, without further ado, here are ten blog posts that I read and commented on today:
- 2015 Goals by Lisa at Lisa's Yarns
- Vision Board by Holly at Scattered Words
- Goals for 2015 by Stephany at Stephany Writes
- Scales are dumb. by Lindsay at Everyday Healthy Habits
- Fancies & Fascinations: Galavant by Mandy at A Nerdy World
- Starter Stories - My Roslyn Apartment by Alyson at Alyson Shane
- Jess' Word for 2015 by Jess at Truebadours
- New Books + Magazines to enjoy by Jennifer at Karma's Journey
- 2015 Goals + Word of the Year by Mandi at Mandi Homes
- 2014: Thank you for being kind by M at Tales From a Northern Belle
Note: if you don't see my comment on some of these blogs that is because it has gotten caught in moderation. Don't worry, it's there!
Do you see a trend here? I certainly do. Almost all of the posts I engaged with today were about recapping 2014 and setting goals and intentions for the year ahead. Reading each of these posts was quite uplifting for me, and I am so glad to have carved out the time in my day to give them the attention they deserved! This particular kindness is definitely going on the "to repeat" list.
Happy Monday, friends. Here's to a fantastic week!